Saturday, January 16, 2010

Lifestyle Change! (ZUMBA STYLE)

Talk about a compleat change in lifestyle going on here in Lynn Land. I have been working out allot and to watch the pounds fall off and feel the increaced enegery is so rewarding. I love how I have been better able to keep up with my toddler and messy husband. I am sleeping better and my body is just functioning better as a whole.
I got to thinking...if my blood just sits stagnent in my body all say my heart simply pumping it through my veins, its no wonder i feel so lathargic all the time! Sheesh!
I took up a new excersize/dance class at the gym a week ago and it is called Zumba. The instructors were once big girls like myself and in a matter of months have literly transformed there bodys in to tight little vessels that move in ways I can only hope to manipulate my own hips to follow. They inspire me so much because we have a "brag board" all the class members post pictures of themselves on "before zumba" and I too will soon be joining with my own picture from a cookie party I went to this year.
I remember in the years I was useing meth/heroin I got down to a sickly 113lbs and resembled a skelton with skin streched over it. No tone, pail and dark circles under my hallow eyes. I am now 204 and btw im 5'8 so the 113 looked bad on me and so dose the 204 so we must find a happy weight. I am thinking of 130. To be realistic 140.
When I started working out I was 210. yikes. thats the weight of my first full term pregnancy!
So Im going to explaine a little of what Zumba is. It is a mix of dance, latin dance, belly dance and we turn off the lights and turn on the lighting system so its like the real dance floor with fans and lattin/reggi music, rap and some modern pop. Its just so cool and its fun when you see the weight come off.
Have you ever heard about zumba?
Check it out at www.zumba.com

4 comments:

  1. Zumba sounds fun! Good for you for trying it. Hang in there:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard of Zumba before but never had a chance to try it out. Good for you, keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for stopping by my blog earlier this month. zumba just came to my town last year. afraid to check it out since i hate the body jam classes so much. too much formal dance background as a baggage. i'm an exercise class snob, i guess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a Zumba instructor and I love it. It's a great way to get in shape! And it's fun!

    ReplyDelete